Three years on, our movement is rumbling around the globe, with more than 100,000 members and more than 170 Spontaneous Collectives (DSCs) worldwide. DiEM25 local groups are sprouting up in cities from London to New York City to address Europe’s crisis of democracy. DiEM25 chapters are marching in the street for a Green New Deal for Europe. And DiEM25’s Electoral Wings have emerged to take our transformational manifesto to ballot boxes everywhere this May.
Many doubt us. The establishment fears us. But in the course of three years, we have shown that it is possible for the people of Europe to come together in the fight for democracy.
Hope is back![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row css_animation=“fadeIn“][vc_column][vc_text_separator title=“Our radical, utopian journey continues“ color=“custom“ el_class=“h2″ accent_color=“#ed2f00″][vc_empty_space height=“55px“][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row full_width=“stretch_row“ gap=“35″ parallax=“content-moving“ parallax_speed_bg=“2″ css_animation=“fadeIn“ el_class=“oyo_month_row_odd“][vc_column width=“1/2″ el_class=“oyo_month_box“][vc_column_text]
- DiEM25 returned to Berlin to celebrate its second birthday!
- DiEM25’s members overwhelmingly approved the name of our new Greek electoral wing
- DiEM25 members across Europe overwhelmingly voted in favour of launching ΜέΡΑ25 (MeRA25), DiEM25’s first political party in Greece.
- DiEM25 members approved our participation in the municipal elections in Belgrade, Serbia.
- DiEM25 and European progressive forces gathered in Naples to launch historic transnational list.
- Launched MeRA25 in Greece, DiEM25’s political party in Greece.
- Europe’s pioneer transnational list council gathered in Lisbon.
- Sent open letter to Pablo Iglesias (Podemos), Catarina Martins (Bloco), Jean-Luc Mélenchon (FI) and Gregor Gysi (European Left) to discuss cooperation ahead of the European Parliament elections in May 2019.
- DiEM25 participated in a debate on post-Brexit worker opportunities, hosted by the Scottish Socialist Party.
- DiEM held its first National Assembly in Italy.
- Launched German electoral wing “Demokratie in Europa”.
- European Spring Council agreed political programme ahead of 2019 European Parliament elections.
- DiEM25 expressed solidarity with Julian Assange and called upon all progressives to support his bid for freedom.
- Presented the European Spring transnational list in Italy
- Launched European Spring in Poland with our Polish partner Razem.
- Announced the European Spring Green New Deal policy programme.
- MeRA25 launched an appeal to help fire victims in Greece.
- DiEM25 initiated regional discussion involving Slovenia, Croatia, Friuli Venezia Giulia (Italy) and Carinthia (Austria) local DiEM25 groups to demand that their respective countries join the United Nations Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
- New Coordinating Collective elected by DiEM25 members across Europe.
- Stronger together: German party Demokratie in Bewegung joined European Spring.
- Hosted the first-ever DiEM25 Academy, bringing together over 100 DiEM25 activists from across Europe.
- Yanis Varoufakis and Bernie Sanders called for a Progressive International.
- MeRA25’s electoral programme was presented and approved by 97.3% of our members.
- DiEM25 and DiEM Voice held „Here and Now“ event to emphasize the importance of creativity and develop a new European vision for culture and the arts.
- Held fourth European Spring Council meeting. Finalised electoral programme for May 2019 and welcomed two new partners to our growing alliance: Actúa and Nouvelle Donne.
- Welcomed Bobby Gillespie, Janes Sanders and George Bizos to DiEM25’s Advisory Panel.
- Yanis Varoufakis and Srećko Horvat were elected to stand in next year’s European elections in Germany.
- DiEM25 teamed up with the Sanders Institute to launch the Progressive International.
- DiEM25 called on all communities to take to the streets and spread the word about the Thin Blue Line.
- North Staffordshire, UK (DSC) launched „Take a break from Brexit“ campaign.
- Petitioned the governments of Ecuador and UK to not extradite Assange!
- Held Berlin event on the multiple crises of Austerity, Xenophobia, Euro and Environment.
- European Spring Council approved the final draft of New Deal for Europe programme.
- DiEM Voice launched online art auction – a new way of funding democratic movements, and a new relationship between participatory politics and art.